Hi, my name is Laurel, and I'm teaching this class.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Here is my personal website, a "fake wiki."
Some of my work
- HTML Energy Podcast
Interview-style podcast I created with my friend Elliott Cost
- Perfume Area Perfume Reviews
Perfume review / writing project I do with my friend Sydney Shen
- Reflections Email Newsletter
Experimental newsletter I wrote during 2020 for about 100 people
- All my friends on at once Collective Anthology
I wrote something for this online zine, curated by Gene McHugh, and I did the design or the website
- Internet Onion Collective Anthology ... more info
I created this anthology with my Yale Spring 2019 Interactive Design class's writings about love online. The website is only "alive" for 6 weeks out of the year, and maybe you can tell it is currently "dead"
- The Creative Independent Archive of Interviews with Artists
I was the creative director of this website (2016-17), run by the company Kickstarter. I created its identity, visual style, and website. Many other people conduct, edit, and publish the interviews with creative people.
- Fruitful School Online Workshop
Independent web art school I created with my friend John Provencher ... we've had three 6-week sessions, the first was before the pandemic. For the first virtual one, we went "live" for two days in Fall 2020
- Water Tasting Interactive Event
I invited some friends over to my apartment to taste different waters. We described them in words and tried to tell the difference between them. We had a still and sparkling division. The above video was created by my friend Elliott Cost.
- Flight Simulator Red-Eye Flight
Flight Simulator is an app (for iOS and Android) I co-created with my friend Dan Brewster. I had a couple exhibitions around it. One was in Seoul, Korea (Summer 2019 at archive bomm gallery) (here are some pictures) and I invited people to sleep in the gallery for a 13 hour imaginary flight from Seoul to New York.
- ATAP Tour Video for Event
Alt-Text as Poetry is a website about creative approaches to web accessibility that I co-designed and programmed with Taichi Wi. We made it for artists Shannon Finnegan & Bojana Coklyat. The video linked is a friendly tour through the website we created for a virtual event about the project.
I'm currently (in Spring 2021) ...
- working on a video tutorial for a popular website
- working with a group to create a new online presentation tool based in text
- pitching to program a website with a CMS and migrate old content onto it for an architecture firm
- designing and programming an artists microsite for Artists Space
- teaching this class and a class of my own at Fruitful School
- learning Python programming language